1. Any official complaints regarding AON members should be made to the AON Coordinator with a cc to the AON Executive Director. Any official complaints regarding AON staff should be made directly to the AON Executive Director.
2. AON members may be dismissed at the discretion of the Executive Director for non-conformity with the AON Standards, Terms and Conditions listed here.
3. AON members may be dismissed at the discretion of the Executive Director for refusing to quote to or work with other AON members if they have never worked together.
4. AON members may be dismissed at the discretion of the Executive Director for non-payment of non-disputed debts to other members.
5. AON members may be dismissed at the discretion of the Executive Director for non-payment membership subscription fees after two official warnings.
6. Dismissal of AON members for financial reasons will be broadcast to all members for their financial protection.
7. Resignation of membership will have an immediate effect if no resignation date is given. If any outstanding debts or invoices are owed to AON, they are to be settled immediately. There are no refunds of membership dues for resignations.
8. For any AIN Group network member companies who have shareholders, owners, management or otherwise, who have ownership, administration, sales or otherwise management situation in another ostensibly rival logistics network, whether competing directly or not with any AIN Group network, should inform our executive director, director or membership coordinator during the membership process. This includes both for profit or non-profit organizations.
Advocating for other networks within our networks is cause for dismissal. Advocating includes selling, marketing for, introducing for membership or similar activities (as deemed by the AIN Group management). Should AIN Group network members join the rival network, this could be assumed that the member advocated another competing network within our network.
Dismissal in all above cases is without refund.