Circular from Dubai Port Authority (DP WORLD) regarding implementation of VGM REGULATIONS W.E.F 1st July 2016
(Your Logistics Partner in the Middle East – Dubai-UAE)
Dear Business Partners,
Please find attached herewith the Circular received from Dubai Port Authority (DP WORLD) regarding the implementation of VGM (Verified Gross Mass of Container Carrying Cargo) Regulations which will be effective from 1st JULY 2016. Below are few important points to be considered by Shipper / Exporter for VGM requirement.
1) The Exporter/Shipper on the Bill of Lading must declare correct gross weight of the cargo to their Freight Forwarder & Shipping Lines and also on their Commercial export documents
2) In line with their commitment to improve safety, DP WORLD, under approval from FTA will be the authorized provider of VGM at its operated Terminals in the UAE. They will provide a weighing system which will be integrated with the terminal operating system and the VGM will be available to the SHIPPING LINE and SHIPPER on Dubai Trade www.dubaitrade.ae. The loaded Export container will be weighed at the Port and VGM data will be uploaded by DP WORLD on their system accordingly.
3) Container payload should not exceed the rating capacity of the container as per the CSC Plate.
4) The Loaded Container must be deposited at the Port before cut off time and the VGM Data is being submitted to Shipping Line 24 hours prior to vessel ETA into Jebel ali port as only VGM weights will be used for vessel planning.
5) In case of weight discrepancy and in absence of VGM certificate, the Shipping Line & Port Authorities will not load the container onboard the Vessel and the Shipper / Exporter will be responsible to pay all the fines/penalties that may arise from Customs & Port Authorities.
6) For LCL Cargo the CONSOLIDATORS/CO-LOADERS will weigh the cargo at their warehouse for VGM purpose.
7) All the additional costs associated with obtaining VGM Data including weighment of FCL & LCL shipments will be for the account of the CUSTOMER / BOOKING PARTY.
8) For the export nomination cargo routed by overseas partners on EX-WORKS basis out of UAE, all the VGM related charges will be on account of consignee and same will be billed back to overseas agent from whom we have received the routing order.
9) Pls also go thru the below useful link of WORLD SHIPPING COUNCIL where you will find some FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS related to SOLAS/VGM.
To see attached the circular, please click here
AWARDS & CREDENTIALS
Loyalty Award from PPL Network-2012 BKK,2013-BALI,2014-MNL,2015-HKT,2016-HCM
Recipeint of Most Valuable Member Award for Middle East from WPA Network in BKK-2016
Recipient of Worldwide Top Agent Award from WCA Network (Year 2011 & 2013) in BKK & Hongkong
Recipient of Best Middle East Agent Award from WCA Network -Year 2011, 2012-BKK & 2013, 2014-HKG
Voted one of the Top 3 Best Agent for Middle East Regn by WCA Network (IGLN-2010 & WCA- 2012) in HCM & BKK
P.P. Ayyoob – Managing Director
(Mobile: +97150 574 1991, +97155 985 2669)
HAKTRANS GLOBAL LOGISTICS LLC
P.O. Box 124089, Dubai, U.A.E. Tel : +97143595139, Fax: +97143595149
Email : [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]
Website: www.haktrans.com / http://www.wcaworld.com/eng/members.asp?cid=59546